**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Monday 4 July 2011

It was great...or so they thought

I'm back with the verdict on how well I cooked for my In-Laws. I made Pasta All'Amatriciana and Lenticchie from the Dolce Vita cook book.  They said the food was great, but little did they know that the kitchen was a disaster and I only had a little piece of pancetta to work with. My FIL looks like he's enjoying it above, and my Nephew has a smile of approval.
Look, my Mother-in-law's plate is almost empty. Here she is, giving advise to her Son.
We also had a chance to go strawberry-picking at Downey's farm. It was a gorgeous day for it.
Of course when I got home, I just had to make strawberry jam. It tuned out sooo good!

2 comments:

  1. I think what ever you make is GREAT. Are you really that nervous about cooking for the in laws??
    Happy Canada Day my dear Canadian friend.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy! Your blog always makes me hungry. So glad everyone enjoyed your meal! I am not surprised at all!

    ReplyDelete