**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Monday 16 May 2011

I'm so high...on sugar!

    I'm  baaaack from the 'City that never sleeps'; Las Vegas!! I figured out that the city never sleeps because everyone loads up on sugar. I myself tried a frozen hot chocolate for the first time and it was so chunky and sweet.
   Then of course I had to try a deep-fried Twinky! It tasted like a doughnut with sweet icing inside. I wish I tried the deep-fried oreo cookies as well but it's just too fattening.
  I was pleasantly surprised to see that there were olive trees all over Vegas!
There were rosemary bushes everywhere too!
I wanted to take some home with me because they were so aromatic!
   We also went to Arizona on a business trip and enjoyed some prickly pears. Here we are- playing bocci with our friends among the lime trees in front of our hotel. Now please remind me why I'm back?! It's so cold and rainy here :( I'll have to cheer myself up with a fresh salad from the Dolce Vita cook book. Be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment