**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Monday 14 November 2011

It FIG-ures!

Around the holidays you will find lots of dried figs- which is exciting because I am seriously addicted to them! I didn't feel like having a meal for dinner tonight, so I decided to make a medley of 'Parmigiano con Noci e Miele', (cheese with nuts, dried figs and honey).
The honey made the nuts and figs so sweet and the saltiness from the cheese- cut through all the sweetness. It was a devine recipe from the Dolce Vita cook book!

Last weekend I was supposed to interview David -for my Dolce Vita book review- at Costco. We were to meet after his book signing- but the line up was sooo long, (it figures!) As a result, David will be calling me at home tomorrow afternoon for the interview! I will be back with that soon :)

3 comments:

  1. LOL, it figures! Everytime I read this blog, I am hungry, looks so yummy & I love figs, dried or fresh. Can't wait to hear about your phone interview with David! Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUtE... it fig..ures. Go figure, lol..
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, I wanted to keep going but hit the button too fast : (
    When we were in N.Y. this summer, we had a cutting board filled with these goodies... oh and a fine glass of vino.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete