**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Buon Natale!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! On Christmas Eve I hosted a David Rocco Style dinner for 17 people. I made David Rocco's Pasta al Forno (as shown above). It had an interesting twist with the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and egg plant. Everyone enjoyed the smoky taste of the scamorza in the pasta.

 Here is the crowd, happily eating their Pasta al Forno. I also made Zuppa di Zucca,  fried sole with Risotto Spinaci and Insalata di Faggioli e Tonno, among other things.
 My Mom brought her delicious home-made cream/chocolate pudding puffs. We were so full!
Also, it's tradition around the holidays that my in-laws make these fried donuts. Some have sugar on them and some are stuffed with sardines. They are so good but I had to control myself- or I would start looking like Santa's Sister. 

I'll be back with one last dessert that I will attempt to make for New Years- then I will be officially closing the chapter on my cooking journey. See you then!

1 comment:

  1. Wait.... donuts with sardines inside??????? Is that the sweet and salty thing? Not sure about that one gf.
    Your meal looks YuMy.
    We just watched Julie and Julia last night... cute.
    Your done with the book.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete