**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Friday 2 December 2011

Desserts for the Holidays

Sorry that I haven't been around for a while, but Christmas is fast approaching and there is lots to do! Remember when I talked about Coco Sbatuto or Zabaglione in this post? Well I was delighted when I saw that there is a Zabaglione dessert recipe in the Dolce Vita cook book. First, I stopped off to the LCBO -after work- and picked up some Marsala to make Zabaglione con Panna Montata (whipped cream Zabaglione).
Then I got right to work on my desssert- using only farm fresh eggs. It was so easy to make, and it only took 5 minutes, (plus 1/2 hr. to chill).
This was sooo delicious! It was sweet, and the tartness of the blueberries cut into the bitterness of the Marsala. I have to make this for my Dad this Christmas- since I'm hosting the party at my place this year. I'll be back with some more desserts. They are perfect for the holidays! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I'm waiting for pizza delivery, how boring is that compared to your dessert. Oh oh there it is.
    LOVELY xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete