**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Friday 29 April 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane


   Sigh...gone are the days where we used to have big Italian lunches at our Grand Parent's house on Sundays. This is because sadly Nonno Raniero is no longer with us and Nonna Elisabetta has dimentia. I used to remember the delicious chicken and potatoes Nonna cooked in the oven. So I took a trip down memory lane while cooking Dolce Vita's Patate al Forno.
   I took David's suggestion and involved my Daughter Kayla in the preparations. Kayla peeled the potatoes and mixed them in with the remaining ingredients. Kayla is always better behaved when I have her help me in the kitchen. Maybe it's because she feels useful and gets extra attention from Mommy.
    Minutes later, the house smelled like heaven! These potatoes were delectable!

P.S Let me know if you ever get a Delivery Status Failure Notification e-mail when you comment here. Some people seem to get that message every time and I'm trying to figure out why.

2 comments:

  1. those potatoes look sooooo good! i want some right now! and look at how cute you are in that pic...i can totally tell it's you! have a good weekend, xo nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ate more of Randy's olive bread. I've gained 5 lbs. That's totally enough of this eating thing. Although it's our Anniversary today and he wants to cook up a storm. He bought some Tuna. I just want water for the next week : (
    Nice pics and cure little helping hands in the kitchen.
    It's warm and sunny again today, but yesterday was PERFECT.
    Have a great week gf.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete