**Follow me on my journey- as I cook my way through David Rocco's new cook book; Dolce Vita!

Thursday 7 April 2011

Yup I'm doing it! I am cooking my way through David Rocco's 'Dolce Vita' cook book!

   I am a little nervous as I type away because I have decided to commit to a challenging but exciting experiment! Today my Mom and I drove over to Miele to pick up David Rocco's 'Dolce Vita' cook book for FREE! It was a promotion that we found through facebook. My Husband and I really enjoy watching David's Dolce Vita and Avventura shows on TLN. We would drool at the rustic Italian dishes David would create. We would also watch with envy- as he toured parts of Italy- as we both grew up in an Italian household and loved our visit to Italy. We both agreed Rocco truly lives 'The Sweet Life'!

   When my Mom and I received our copy of David's book, we immediately checked out his autographed page and started to giggle like school girls. We were so excited and as soon as I got home, I 'devoured' every glorious recipe in the book- while enjoying some sweet limone Italian ice. After reading the book, I decided to cook each and every recipe and to blog about it here-complete with pictures. (Boy did I feel guilty about ordering a pizza tonight) After all, Julie blogged about her experience- cooking her way through Julia Child's- Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

   Listen, I LOVE Italian food-so mastering the art of Italian cooking is what I'm going to do! I am a busy mom of 3 and I live in Toronto, Ontario. I care for Seniors part-time and I am also an Artist- working with vintage items to make recycled art. Because of my busy schedule, I will try to make one thing- from David's book- every other day. Each recipe looks so delicious- so I am very eager to try them all! Not to mention that cooking Italian food- will make my Husband very happy, my children much healthier, and above all; it will impress my Mother-in-Law!!! Wish me luck!

Domani's dish: Insalata Del Mercato Ballaro (using Zia Franca's method for the peppers)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck my friend what an amazing adventure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck to you! I agree that everything David prepares looks so-ooo delicious. I will definitely be following your journey.

    Sylvia T.

    ReplyDelete